What are the Requirements to Become a Surrogate?
Becoming a surrogate mother is a miraculous and incredible life experience. If you’re thinking about becoming a surrogate to help a family in need, you may have questions about the requirements for surrogacy. GSHC Surrogacy Agency has strict requirements on health, lifestyle, and finances to help attain the highest chances of success.
- Ages 21-38 and have had at least one child of your own
- Have a BMI of 31 or less
- Non-smoker and Non-drug users
- No history of mental illness
- IUD’s will have to be removed /tubal ligation is OK
- U.S. citizen with no felonies
- Reside in a stable environment, no short-term visiting or moving plan within months of you completing a cycle
- Live in a surrogacy friendly state.
- Financially stable and not receiving any government assistance
All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. This list is meant to serve as an insight, so you can understand what some of the requirements are to becoming a surrogate. Because GSHC Surrogacy Agency invests such a large amount of time and resources into our application and screening process, we are proud to boast a quick match to transfer timeline and an extensive record of success stories.
You can read more about GSHC Surrogacy Agency’s surrogacy requirements HERE.
If you are interested in becoming a gestational surrogate with GSHC Surrogacy Agency, please complete our Surrogate Intake Form.