The most important requirement for surrogacy is trust. We must be able to trust that you are dependable, honest, and dedicated to this journey. It is so important to understand the investment that Intended Parents and our Agency are putting into this process and you must be willing to be open and honest with us every step of the way.
Similarly, as a Surrogate, you must be able to trust that GSHC has your health and wellbeing in mind. We work tirelessly to protect your interests and guarantee the most rewarding and fulfilling journey possible. In order to do so, there must be honesty and cooperation every step of the way including screening questions, medical records, and personal history.
GSHC Surrogacy Agency is committed to you.
We expect you to commit to the journey.
To guarantee the best possible outcome for you and your Intended Parent(s), all potential surrogacy candidates must meet the following criteria. If you are unsure of your current qualifications, do not hesitate to contact us for more information. We are more than happy to walk you through the introductory process to assess whether surrogacy is right for you.
- Ages 21-38 and have had at least one child of your own
- No more than 3 C-sections
- No more than 5 total pregnancies
- Have a BMI of 31 or less
- U.S. citizen with no felonies
- Financially stable and not receiving any government assistance
- Reside in a stable environment, no short-term visiting or moving plan within months of you completing a cycle
- Non-smoker and Non-drug users
- No history of mental illness
- IUD’s will have to be removed /tubal ligation is OK
Requirements After Matching
- Fully committed to your cycle and the responsibilities/requirements that go with it. Patients are counting on you.
- Have a reliable vehicle to get to your appointments.
- Smoking and/or heavy drinking is prohibited, nor should you be surrounded by marijuana/tobacco smokers. You will be tested several times after matching for you and the child’s health and safety.
- Communicate by phone and email as needed and within a timely manner.
- Promptly contact us if you have moved, changed your phone number, email, marital status, cycle or childbirth status and/or any pertinent information.
Please don’t be afraid to ask questions, even if you have asked before. We want you to always be fully aware and clear; this is what we are here for.