Your surrogacy compensation will be paid to you throughout the surrogacy cycle. In fact, you will receive some payments even before you are pregnant. Through the following Surrogate compensation breakdown, you will learn about the specific compensation and benefits you can expect to receive along your surrogacy journey.
This is the main bulk of the independent Surrogate compensation you will receive and is broken into 10 equal installments. Base compensation starts being paid on the 1st of the month following confirmation of pregnancy, and after delivery of the baby the remaining balance will be paid to you in a lump sum payment around 15 days after the delivery. As a Surrogate, you will be paid your base compensation PLUS the additional benefits as outlined below. Base compensation varies based on a few factors such as whether or not you are an experienced Surrogate. On average, you can expect base compensation to be $35,000-$60,000, with the higher end of the spectrum being paid to experienced Surrogates.
The $300 non-accountable monthly allowance will begin being paid on the 1st of the month following completion of legal contracts and continues until the delivery of the baby.
You can expect to be paid for completing certain milestones in your journey such as following your medication protocol, the embryo transfer procedure and confirmation of pregnancy. Payment for each of these is $1,000.
Maternity Clothing Allowance
As a Surrogate mother, you will receive a maternity clothing allowance ($800 singleton; $1,000 twins) paid out at 50% upon reaching 14 weeks of pregnancy and the other 50% upon reaching 24 weeks of pregnancy.
$80/week beginning the 28th week of pregnancy up until delivery of the baby.
If you’re willing to temporarily provide breastmilk for your surrogate baby, you will be paid $300 per week for your time, in addition to supplies such as a pump (if you don’t already have one) and breastmilk bags.
In addition to the above Surrogate salary, you will receive your monthly health insurance premium, a life insurance policy, reimbursement for any surrogacy-related expense such as gas to appointments (over 55 miles round-trip), office visit copays, medical prescription copays and more. There are also allowances for carrying multiples, emergencies or invasive procedures, such as emergency C-Section, full or partial hysterectomy, D&C in the case of miscarriage, abortion/termination fee and more.
GESTATIONAL SURROGATE PAY BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Base compensation $35,000-60,000
- Monthly allowance $300
- Medication compliance fee $1,000
- Embryo transfer procedure compensation $1,000
- Confirmation of pregnancy by fetal heartbeat $1,000
- Maternity clothing allowance $800 ($1,000 multiples)
- Housekeeping allowance $80/week after 28 weeks of pregnancy
- $250,000 life insurance policy
- Heath insurance premium for minimum 12 months (9 months of pregnancy and 3 months postpartum)
- Legal counsel
- $8,000 multiple fee
- $5,000 emergency C-section fee
- Abortion/fetal reduction $2,000
- Dropped cycle $500
- Amniocentesis/D&C/ectopic pregnancy/cerclage $1,000
- Hysterectomy $8,000
- Breast milk pumping $300/week
- Surrogate’s lost wages – varies. Paid for physician ordered bedrest and for up to 6 weeks postpartum (8 weeks for C-Section). Surrogate’s lost wages will be calculated based on net pay assessed through previous six months of paystubs.Surrogate’s partner will also be compensated for any lost wages for embryo transfer procedure and surrogate’s postpartum recover period as needed, up to a maximum of $1,500.
- Travel expenses – if airline travel is necessary this will be arranged by the agency. For surrogates within driving distance, they will be compensated $0.55/mile for each mile over 55 miles round-trip
- All medical bills/expenses will be covered by the Intended Parents
- Childcare will be compensated for medical screening, embryo transfer, physician’s ordered bedrest and postpartum recovery period as-needed (receipts will be required).
If you are considering surrogacy, want to get paid to be a Surrogate and would like more information, please call us at (310) 953-0137 or email us at [email protected] to learn more about GSHC Surrogacy Agency.